Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lynda!!

On Saturday, I was teaching Beyond the Basics at Mulqueen Sewing Center in Mesa AZ.





This is what we were working on -- feathers and all the good stuff to set them off. People have said that the classes that I have taken from Cindy Needham have definitely influenced my work and that is absolutely true -- I try to take at least one a year, learn more and "teach it forward". Cindy is one of the very best quilters and teachers I know and if you get a chance to take a workshop from her, jump on it! She's that good!

Other teachers and publications have definitely had an impact on the way I quilt now -- Machine Quilting Unlimited is one of my favorite magazines and I always pick up new tips from each issue, often either from an article on background fills (my current obsession) or because of a quilt they have featured where I have fallen in love with the quilting details.





You've seen Lynda in the blog before with some of her spectacular feather work. This time she stopped in to share her two newest pieces -- her feathers are gorgeous and she has come up with all kinds of background fills to enhance them.





Another masterpiece! The feathers are beautifully executed and I love the flow of the textures across the neutral fabrics. Wow! Please keep bringing your quilts to share, Lynda -- I should be back to Mulqueen in the fall!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Mesa AZ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...