Friday, January 16, 2015

Trip to Reno (Including Windy Moon Quilts)

My husband's sister Sam is having a little boy in March, her first! And, of course, we are all so excited! I did something I thought and said I would never do and went to a baby shower in Reno last weekend. Forty women, probably nine infants and a couple of little girls.....and not one baby cried for the whole 2-1/2 hours. A miracle has occurred!


Before the shower, though, Sam and I and her friend Katherine were at Windy Moon Quilts promptly for the 10am opening. Sam had told me that Tanner's room would have a baseball theme.

A few days before I had been shopping at Quilt'n'Things on Honolulu Street in Montrose CA and found this cool print that I thought would make good binding if cut lengthwise to show all the colors. Didn't know if it would work with Sam's decor, but threw it in the suitcase just in case.

When we got to Sam and saw Tanner's room, the print went perfectly, so off to Windy Moon so Sam could find other fabrics she liked.


This is what we found -- perfect! And I can pull other colors from my stash to use for the piecing.

So, my question to you is -- what should I piece? This will be a well used quilt, so I don't want to make this what I call a "museum level" piece; need something simple that will show off the prints. Any ideas?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Reno NV

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...