Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Now that Quilt Market is Over

Like all of the Quilt Markets that I have attended, this was hectic and busy -- I met some shop owners who were new to me and got to reconnect with lots of friends who love sewing as much as I do to see what they were impressed by and were buying for their stores.

I was hearing a lot about purses and tote bags and tea towels -- things that customers can make fairly quickly -- but you know, I'm all about the quilts!






My very favorite booth was Lunch Box Quilts and Angie Stevenson's new digitized embroidery pattern for the vintage sewing quilts. Love Angie's stuff and this one is no exception! My favorite up to now has been her Ooh La La quilt that features French motifs, including an Eiffel tower (and a poodle!), but I like this new one just as much. The smaller one will fit perfectly on an empty wall in my sewing room, so I plan to buy this collection of digitized designs as soon as it hits my local quilt shop.

Festival will start today with preview night and then opens for the full day starting tomorrow. I'm up in the classroom area -- in 361D, if you'd like to come up and visit -- but I'm going to try to make it down to Festival once in a while to see all the excitement and to get a better look at the quilts.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Houston TX

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...