Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Patriotic Quilt for HMQS

This week I've been working on this red white and blue quilt that will be used as a fundraiser at the Home Machine Quilting Show in Salt Lake City early next month. My deadline was originally Saturday night, but now may be changed to Friday -- yikes! Not ready!





It was pieced -- quite nicely, I might add -- by my friend Josephine Keasler who will be passing through Palmdale sometime this weekend on her way to Asilomar to take another quilt class.....like she needs to get any better.....just sayin'....

I have all the ditch stitching done and now am going to start straight stitching some lines in those stripes. I plan to do freehand feathers in the white areas and a cable that just fits perfectly through the center of the row of stars. Maybe some metallic lines in the big blue star in sparkly threads to look like fireworks.

So, some input here, please? What color thread for the stars? Do I match the soft white or go to a pale gold or? What do you think?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Palmdale CA

2 comments:

  1. How about a yellow variegated thread? Beautiful quilt!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a yellow/gold variegated, too!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...