Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I Think This is The One!

Sometime last year, thinking that I would somehow get control of my schedule and add more time, I agreed to be Ms. September in Sew Cal Gal's Free Motion ChallengeI love what Darlene has done here -- she has had 12 quilters (she says "experts", but I'll be a bit more modest) do tutorials on free motion quilting.  You can participate at any time, so if you haven't seen this yet, I strongly urge you to click here.

As you can see from the list, she has recruited a diverse and interesting group of quilters; I dived into Cindy Needham's tutorial the other day and the amount of information she supplied was amazing!  And I have enjoyed every single one of them.

Rather than focusing on actual stitching, I chose to do mine on my "fluff & stuff" method, which is how I move big quilts through a domestic machine.  I know a lot of people have problems with this and thought it would be a good contribution to the free motion challenge.

With that in mind, I made the hurculean effort today of cleaning up my work space so that I could take a picture of my machine, table, and (perhaps most importantly) the placement of said table.  Having that cabinet pushed right into the corner so that my quilts can't fall off to either the left or the rear takes a lot of work out of the quilting.  But -- oops -- I'm spoiling the plot!

So I took three pictures and decided on this one -- do you like it?

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand that hurculean effort to clean up our workspace. Looks great and your project is beautiful.

    I think you'll make a great "Ms September" too!

    SewCalGal
    www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

    ps - special pkg arrived - thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to learnIng your 'Fluff and Stuff' method. I've quilted queen size quilts on my home machine but always QAYG.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...