Saturday, June 18, 2011

Hi Desert Quilt Guild -- Ridgecrest CA (Part 2)


Continuing with the Show & Share portion of the guild meeting -- isn't this gorgeous?






I thought the color combination in this quilt was interesting...













Took a closeup of the quilting -- simple, effective and fills the space nicely...










Stars and diamonds -- and PINK!












I very much like the shot of color that the yellow border provides!



A different take on curved piecing, a technique that I keep saying that I am going to try one of these days....


This was made as a mystery quilt in one of the International Quilt of the Month series. I was talking to this lady about it as I have been participating in the IQM at my local shop, Bolts in the Bathtub. I didn't realize that there was more than one twelve quilt series, but she said there she knew of at least three! So you could keep this thing going for years!


Dawn Hoskins and I are part of a group of friends that gets together a couple of times a year to sew and catch up with what everybody is doing. Some of us come from southern California, some from northern CA and still others from Mesquite NV. It's always fun to see this group of people that I consider close friends and I wish that we could get together more often.


I think Dawn should get an award for "Darn Good Use of Border Print" here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...