Sunday, January 16, 2011

Filming a Video in Jammies -- and a Batt Scooters Store Availability List

So this morning was fun -- I got to tape a video for YouTube and didn't even have to get dressed, do makeup or comb my hair! Just got up, read the paper, had a mimosa with my breakfast and then off to the sewing room to do a short instructional video to demonstrate how to use my Batt Scooters machine quilting tool. Preparation time is really at a minumum when the camera is just looking at your hands!

Dan has a link to the video on my website -- to see it, click here.

How this all came about is that the Batt Scooters are reviewed in the February/March issue of Quilter's Home magazine, which should be on newsstands January 25. I also decided to place an ad in the magazine; it's on the inside back cover. It was one of those things that you look back on and say, "Why in the world did I print that?", but in the ad, it says "For a video tutorial on how to use Batt Scooters..."

So we got it on the website this morning, with days to spare.....

Within a couple of minutes, we got questions asking where Batt Scooters could be found, so here is a list of stores, alphabetically by state, where you can purchase them:

The Quilt Basket, Tucson AZ

Wooden Gate Quilts, Danville CA
The Cotton Patch, Lafayette CA
Bolts in the Bathtub, Lancaster CA
Quilt 'n' Home, Ridgecrest CA

Shiisa Quilts, Bloomington IN

The Quilt Patch, Bedford NH

Bernina Sewing & Design, Las Cruces NM

Sew Original, Winston-Salem NC

Creative Sewing & Design, Provo UT
Nuttall's Sewing Centers, Salt Lake City UT

Pamella's Place, Genesee Depot WI

I'll also try to keep a running list on the website of stores that carry these.

I'm a big supporter of quilt stores and all that they do to make our passion more fun! So I will always send you to your quilt shop first and then, if you can't find the Batt Scooters that way, they are available on my website, www.battsintheattic.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...