Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Durango Quilt Company -- Durango CO


Well, now the mystery is solved about where the quilt shop went! I had seen this sign on Hwy 160 on my way into Durango, but just read the name of the store as we were speeding past, not the rest of the sign. Made a mental note to check it out. So on Saturday morning, Dan and I took Sidney and Vanessa and did exactly that.

In talking to Cathy, who I had met at the fair the day before, I got the scoop: Pat and Tammy, the owners of the quilt store I was familiar with, had sold and the new owners moved the store to its present location. I was happy to see that this was a change that, for once, didn't involve the economy!

It's a spacious, well lit store with quilts displayed everywhere you look....










...and a LOT of fabric!





Purse samples are in a display right by the door in case you want to work on a small project to match an outfit or to give to a friend....


When I looked closer at the poinsettia quilt wall hanging, I could see that it was made with hot fix ribbon...

















Here's a similar one in more of a springtime design....

Liked the design and the purple/gold/white color scheme really appeals....



Vanessa hung out in the Babylock display for a while and then started looking at the Halloween fabric.










Halloween fabrics that I didn't already have -- hooray!





Durango Quilt Company has a large, complete notions wall -- we're always looking for new gadgets and tools, right?


Roomy classroom with more quilts on the walls -- the one below was Vanessa's and my favorite!

















This is Cathy, holding the bolt of one of the fabrics that I bought; I bought the four fabrics on the bottom, three of which were Halloween designs that I didn't have. The fourth, that Cathy's holding, is an African wild animal print from Robert Kaufman -- love it and had to have 3 yards! The striped Halloween print, "Halloween Night" from RJR, will also make a perfect binding fabric with the animal print; they're awesome together!


And if you need something else to like about this store -- if the boys get out of hand, there's even a room here with a pool table so they can stay out of your hair while you shop!
















Durango Quilt Company is located at 21516 Hwy 160 West, Durango CO 81303 (ph: 870-247-2582). It's definitely worth a visit if you are in southwest Colorado...

There's also another quilt store in town, this one selling Janome sewing machines. I'll tell you all about it in my next post.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...