Monday, August 2, 2010

Dawna's Kitties & Ribbons Quilt


This is another one of those quilts-in-the-making that I have had around forever. Dawna Harrison brought it to me in January of 2006 -- I'm not the speedy choice to get your quilts done! I've been home a lot this summer, though, so am trying to catch up on the backlog.

Dawna is teaching a class at her shop, Bolts in the Bathtub, that uses this pattern. The quilt pattern is called Red & Butter.



Of course, Dawna and I both liked it because of the whole pink and black color scheme. Dawna loves kitties and found this focus fabric that incorporated some of her favorite colors, too.



For all of the decorative stitching, I used a pink Glitter from Superior Threads in the top of the machine and Mettler Silk Finish 100% Cotton thread in color #803 in the bobbin.


Tried a new stencil for the border; I'm not sure, but I may have purchased this at the quilt show in Chicago in May from the Golden Threads booth.


Here's the back of the quilt with the feather stencil; loved the heart print! Dawna was happy to get the quilt just in time to show it at her Moda University class yesterday afternoon....

1 comment:

  1. 2006??? And Kathy thought SHE had a backlog!! LOL...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...