Thursday, June 24, 2010

Yesterday's Work -- Putting on Borders & Constructing a Backing

I put three borders on the sampler quilt that I worked on last week -- a 1-1/2" (finished measurement) border of the fruit fabric, another 1-1/2" of the gold basketweave and a 6-1/2 (cut measurement) of the gold/brown print. I may cut that outer border down if I choose a narrower quilting design, so I made it a little wider than needed to leave plenty of room for quilting choices.


Here's a picture of the borders once the quilt top was finished; to see the whole top before the borders were sewn on, click here and scroll to the bottom of the post. The top, as seen above, measures about 62"x78".


Not quite finished with the backing; I pieced together some of the leftover elements of the quilt, such as quarter square triangles, along with some bigger pieces of leftover fabric. For some reason, I got my mental wires crossed and pieced it 67" square instead of 67"x83" -- don't know what I was thinking! So now I have to hunt down another 16"x67" hunk o' fabric and stick it on there...

Oh, darn -- you mean I have to go through my stash again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...