Monday, June 28, 2010

Christmas Pinwheels


This quilt belongs to my customer Mary Vogeley -- Mary has been very patient with me on this as I have had it for quite some time and could not decide how I wanted to quilt it. I didn't want to just do the easy thing, such as a diagonal grid with a holiday themed border; I wanted to do something more imaginative than that.



Looking through my collection of holiday designs, I found the poinsettia at left and it reminded me of one of the freehand flower designs that I show my classes.



















I rough-sketched the design on the quilt using air soluble marker....



..and then started stitching it in, using a metallic gold Glitter from Superior Threads.












Here's a picture of the finished flower; I've done five of them and am now working on ribbons connecting the flowers.
Will let you know what comes next!

2 comments:

  1. It's beautiful!

    Drea

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The quilt and quilting are gorgeous! I love the poinsettia flowers.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...