Thursday, December 17, 2009

That Worked Pretty Well -- Let's Try It Again!

Setting goals on the blog -- maybe it's a good idea! I accomplished yesterday's goal by finishing Laura's quilt...



That's my husband Dan behind it, but it's a bit longer than he is tall....

So today I would like to finish Susan Moore's quilt; it came in this year, so I'm not SO far behind.



A few years ago, the theme of our AAQ retreats was "neutrals". In that year, Alex gave a lecture about choosing neutral fabrics, including white to give it a "spark". As part of her lecture, she shared some of her own quilts pieced from neutral colored fabrics as well as my quilt "Make Mine Neapolitan" and the other quilts that were included in her book "Neutral Essentials".

Susan started this at the retreat and finished piecing it later. She sent it to me earlier this year for quilting.


She sent a pattern for the quilting that she wanted done in the blocks and then when we saw each other at this year's retreat, she made her border choices.



This is what she wanted for the narrow outside border...



And this for the wider pieced border. So my goal for today is to at least get this marked, and if I can really carve out some time this afternooon, to get it stitched.

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow afternoon, so tonight I plan to schedule some posts that will appear while I am gone -- don't want you to get bored! The posts will be all the "Show & Share" quilts that the retreaters from both sessions brought this year -- you don't want to miss this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...