Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Randy's Quilt Shop -- Greensboro NC

I have had the pleasure of teaching at Randy's several times over the last few years and I am always happy when I get that call inviting me to come again. I'll give you an overall tour of the shop with some of the beautiful quilts that are displayed.


This is the sign over the register and some of the many, many quilts that are hung on the walls of the shop. If you look closely, you can see that almost every one has a little white slip of paper on it. That indicates that it is a class that you can sign up for here at the shop.


Here I am standing at the front of the shop -- you can see lots of quilts hung high on the walls (why my photos are foreshortened) plus notions, threads and -- of course! -- fabric....



From my vantage point in the Bernina machine sales area of the store, right in front of this very old Bernina, I can see through to the classroom. If you peek through the arm of the machine, the black and white quilt in the front of the classroom is mine and was used to advertise my class, Machine Quilting in Depth.


Little embroidered leaves were scattered all over the Bernina area of the store -- that fun fall ambience....


This is the first of the four quilts that were made by Louie Hughes as samples for his "Slash & Shuffle" class. Once the pieces for the blocks are cut, shuffled and sewn into blocks, Louie arranges the blocks in different ways to give totally different looks to quilts made using the same technique.

The one above is a Trip Around the World set....


This is the blocks arranged side by side -- had to take the picture because it is PINK!



This was especially interesting to me because Louie pieced narrow red strips into the blocks to give a totally different look to the quilt.



An addition of the batik panel at the bottom gave another look to Slash & Shuffle...


And, lastly -- what I bought! Love those purples!!!

I'm off to Asheville this afternoon, but will do another post on Randy's Quilt Shop -- seems like I'm always running a day or two behind......


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...