Saturday, September 12, 2009

Fat Quarters Quilt Shop -- Vista CA

After the workshop on Wednesday, my hostess Linda Pupols took me on a personal guided tour of some of the local shops. The first one was Fat Quarters where Linda works a day a week and teaches some quilting classes. Fat Quarters is located at 728 Escondido Avenue in Vista and their phone is 760-758-8308.

The shop was just as I remembered it from my last visit a few years ago, except that there is a new owner, Michelle Joyner. Michelle has so much enthusiasm for quilting and for her shop -- she just bubbles! She also has a really good eye for displaying her wares and decorating the store so that you want to linger.

This is the side of the shop that faces the main street. You don't see this sign from the parking lot; I took a bit of a hike onto the lawn to get the shot! Wanted you to clearly see what you are looking for when you are driving through Vista.



Hmmm....that makes you think -- do I need some fat quarters to fill holes in my stash?



Just to the left of the shop door, this chair and sign let you know you are in for a country-style treat. If it had been a cooler day, I might have been tempted to move the plant and sit down to leaf through the magazines I was contemplating buying.


The shop has a cozy, comfy, country feel. Here's a pretty display of little works of art that would look at home on a mantel, a dresser, or maybe on a buffet in the dining room. Fun (and portable) things to work on when you have little bits of time to do handwork.


The seasonal quilts displayed together were a really nice touch and, of course, there were kits close at hand in case one just had to take one (or both) home to get ready for the holidays!

This was a pretty display, with Father Christmas perched on a drawered chest next to quilts and stacks of fat quarter coordinates. There are a lot of small quilts at Fat Quarters, quick projects for when you want to make a gift or a holiday table accessory or just want to sew on something you can complete in a shorter amount of time.


Couldn't resist these -- I always collect striped fabrics because they make such great bindings and "crumb catchers". The three on the right are from a new Christmas line, but I think they will blend easily with other fabrics.

I picked up the Quilt Sampler magazine because it is always fun and inspirational to see the chosen shops and how each one reflects the personality of the owners as well as the area of the country where they are located. And I knew that my friends at Quiltique in Henderson NV were featured this year -- definitely wanted to read that article!


After buying my goodies, it was time to say goodbye to Michelle until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...